QUICK AND EASY!
All Blondo® winter footwear is authenticated by the AquaProtect® seal which certifies the use of high quality waterproof leathers and synthetic materials with seam-sealed construction. This process provides a superior protection against water infiltration and the harmful effects of calcium/salt and also makes for quick and easy maintenance. With a damp cloth, easily wipe off dirt and traces of calcium/salt to restore the finish your boots and preserve their beauty.
Blondo only uses materials of superior quality to provide reliable and durable products. To ensure use the right product is used on our leathers, we have tested several of them on our footwear.
Here are the test results and our recommendations:
- Spray protectors for leather can be used on most types of leather, suede and nubuck. It is strongly advised to try the product on a small surface before applying. Spray protectors are recommended on leathers only if they are beginning to show signs of aging.
- Shoe polish is adequate but cannot be used on suede and nubuck.
- A small suede brush can be efficient to clean this material.
- Liquid silicones can penetrate the seams and neutralize the waterproof material used to seal seams. Moreover, liquid silicones can erase the leather finish and cause damages, such as soles burns.
- Oils, such as mink oil, bear oil or synthetic oil are not recommended on our leathers. These products leave a greasy film, giving an aspect of broken or altered finish. Also, if these products penetrate the seams, they can neutralize the waterproof material used in the boot construction..
- Cleaners or protectors in vaporizer bottle (pump) are not recommended when applied directly on our leathers. Indeed, these products are difficult to apply evenly, which can cause spots on leathers. Distributors suggest that cleaners or protectors be applied on a cloth to clean the leather.
Should you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com